Seeking full time collaborator:
Initial 1-year contract, renewable- Remote
Are you a seasoned LGBTQI+ campaigner, with experience of campaigning in the Global South and/or East, passionate about developing the skills of fellow campaigners and about strengthening a global community of campaigners?
The sogicampaigns project is waiting for you to take it to its next level!
The Sogicampaigns project has been working since 2015 to develop creative campaigning skills to promote the rights of LGBTQI+ people and other people with diverse sexual orientations, gender identities or expressions, and sex characteristics.
The program is structured around three core interrelated processes:
Produce knowledge and expertise on campaigning
Develop the capacities of campaigners worldwide
Structure a community of learning and practice among campaigners.
We have over the past years created a dynamic resource centre with over 200 case studies and hundreds of articles on technical aspects of campaigning, developed an online training platform for creative campaigning, built a community of over 2300 members and delivered training and mentoring to hundreds of campaigners on all continents.
After our initial expansion phase, we now ambition to take the project to its next phase to increase our capacity to support activists worldwide.
We are therefore seeking a senior and dynamic campaigner with global experience to lead the full sogicampaigns project and take it to its next level.
The main duties of the Project Lead will be to:
- Continue documenting and analysing campaigning strategies and tactics. The main focus should be SOGIESC but other social change movements should also be scrutinised for best practice. The documentation of campaigns should be done in formats that facilitate access, such as videos, comic books, interactive articles, etc.
- Expand the online learning platform on further topics related to creative campaigning. These developments should be done whenever possible in collaboration with other organisations or networks. A strong focus should be put on increasing enrolment and retention rates, including through pedagogical support of learners
- Facilitate the global sogicampaigns community of campaigners to increase the quantity and quality of peer interactions and to develop the community’s relevance for its members
- Develop further initiatives to provide support and mentoring to activists in all regions. To this end the Project Lead will be able to rely on the organisation’s network of partners but will also seek connections to other players in the field
- Develop and lead a fundraising strategy in collaboration with the organisation’s Board
- Develop proposals for potential future strategies of the organisation
We are seeking a senior campaigner with
- A track record of diverse campaigning experience, involving multi-faceted campaigns including information, persuasion and mobilisation tactics
- A strong practical and theoretical knowledge of social psychology, framing, narrative development, and other fields related to the shaping of beliefs, attitudes and behaviors
- A good practice of online and offline capacity building techniques, with practical and theoretical knowledge of pedagogy
- Strong sense for innovation, initiative, self-drive and autonomy
- A good sense of community and a strong desire to interact with others, engage discussions, connect and share.
Candidates must have excellent English written and oral skills. While supported by the current team and the board, the Project Lead will be expected to have a proven capacity to lead and develop a project in full autonomy.
Given the scope of the work, we particularly invite applications from candidates from the LGBTQI+ communities.
Terms and Conditions:
The Project Lead will be expected to work from home and the assignment does not require regular travels to the organisation’s offices. Nevertheless will Project Lead be expected to regularly travel internationally as part of their work. Communication costs will be covered by the organisation.
The Project Lead will be accountable to the organisation’s Board of Directors, with direct management and financial supervision by the organisation’s current project lead via regular calls, briefings, reportings and timesheets.
In order not to discriminate against people outside of the Schengen work-permit zone, we invite candidates to apply as independent consultants. The successful candidate will be contracted under a one-year external provision contract.
The Project Lead is an assignment that requires a full time involvement of a regular 40-hours weekly schedule and cannot be carried out in conjunction with additional major commitments.
To be commensurate with other providers, the monthly fee is of maximum 3,000 USD, including of all benefits.
Candidates with higher expectations are nevertheless invited to apply, clearly stating their expected fees, as other forms of collaboration might be envisioned in the near future.
Interested candidates should send their CV and a covering letter outlining the general approach by which they envision to carry out their mission before December 10, 2021 to email@example.com